Tuesday, April 10, 2007

About Me: Introduction

I decided to start this blog to create an outlet where I can discuss my own health challenges, and hopefully, to hear from others who have or are experiencing similar issues. My biggest health problem is my struggle with endometriosis, adhesions, and pelvic pain.

I have suffered from painful periods for most of my life, starting at adolescence. In the past few years, my pain has significantly increased and has become severe, daily pain. Despite many treatments, medication, and surgeries, the pain is not under control. Between the pain, fatigue, and side effects of my medication, I struggle to manage daily life. I have been disabled by my symptoms for several years now and have been unable to work.

This blog is where I'd like to chronicle the medical, financial, spiritual, interactional, emotional, and other consequences of my condition, and seek and give support around the issues of chronic pain; chronic illness; endometriosis and pelvic pain; and disability in general.

If you are reading this and have a health challenge that severely impacts your life long-term, or know someone who does, please leave a comment, or send an email (I should have one up on the sidebar shortly if it isn't already there), to introduce yourself. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: